Saturday 20 April 2013

Better Late Than Never - Week 3 of the Soap Challenge.

I've been MIA for the last two weeks. My day job, and an impromptu vacation to Whistler kept me away from the blog. So I won't talk long, but I want to present the two soaps I made using the oil mica soap top swirl.

As it happens I've used this swirl on more than one occasions. So to switch things up for myself I decided to use this swirl as the sole means for decorating my batches. Instead of doing these batches in my log mold I decided to use my slab mold. Which means for these soaps I used my castile recipe. I'm a bit of an odd duck. I like the shape of my soaps to identify them from one recipe to another. So all my log mold batches are made with my "trinity" or three oil recipe and all the batches made in my slab mold are castile. The soaps are very, very different shapes.

In any case. I made these two batches and let my Facebook friends pic which soap I add to the link up at Amy Warden's blog. These are the soaps.

The winner of the vote, Mére:


This is a special soap I made with lavender, jasmine sambac and rose floral waxes. Special, because it's for the mother's in my life. The micas are from TKB Trading and Voyageur.

The runner up, Io:



This soap is a coconut and lemongrass blend. The colours were inspired by the moon Io. The micas are from TKB Trading, and you guessed it, Voyageur. :)

4 comments:

  1. Both soaps are beautiful, but I love the colors of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm a big fan of that combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I like the second soaps colors and how they turned out. Very different like abstract art.

    ReplyDelete